-->

zondag 28 maart 2010

Wake - Peter Halasz


"Mr. Halasz [bold guy in the pict] died [liver cancer] just a month after staging his own funeral on Feb. 6 [2006] at an art museum in Budapest, where he was born. The Berlin newspaper Tagesspiegel reported that he had himself enclosed in a glass coffin [made out of wood as you see in the picture] for a final farewell to friends and hundreds of theater fans.

"I'm curious how a funeral looks from the other side," Mr. Halasz told the BBC World Service's "Outlook" program as he prepared for what he termed his last appearance. "I want to take a look at my friends and listen to the eulogies." - The New York Times


more here

1 opmerking:

  1. Uhm. I had this other idea about my funeral. To make a real-live puppet and than look with your own eyes your own fake funeral. So a 'dead puppet' instead of a 'lively one'. But this is different the ultimate "becoming dead general repetition".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen